Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Valentine Family Dinner



Our family tradition on Valentine's Day is to have a nice family dinner together and play games as a family.(I'm not sure how long this will last!!) This year I made Chicken Carbonara with green salad and garlic bread. It was really good, I'm hoping I still remember the recipe. Everyone loved it, especially Brooklyn, as you can see by the photo. We laughed watching her stuff her little face. While I was cleaning up, the girls watched that movie, A Walk to Remember. Well, Rachael had never seen it and its a pretty sad show. Well, Rachael starts crying and crying, almost hysterical. Then Amanda joins in and then Sami. Let me tell you, Serge and Jeff really didn't know what to do about all these girls crying and so emotional over this movie. Kind of funny. Needless to say, I deleted the show so there won't be another "crying" session. I don't think I could handle it. Well, after the "drama" was over we played the game apples to apples. The kids have so much fun playing this game. Its really a lot of fun. Anyhow, it was a good family memory and I hope we can keep these family traditions going for a long time. It seems our little family is growing up and there will come a day when these kids will have different plans for celebrating their Valentine's Day. Sad to think about, but its coming...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I hate that movie! Actually, I liked it, but I too, cried through the whole thing. (I could also attribute that to being pregnant at the time). And I love Apples to Apples! It's a great game! You guys are an awesome family!

Despain said...

I love to see that you do this. We have a similar tradition in our home. Instead of buying gifts for one another we take turns year to year cooking dinner for one another. The boys cook the dinner for us girls and then the following year us girls cook the dinner for the boys!!! We have done it for several years now and we love it. The rule is nice dress, nice table setting, appetizer, salad, main course & dessert is a must!! :) Keep your tradition going....your kids will always remember it!