Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our wonderful Sami!


Sami was very excited to start kindergarten and to get her shots! Well as luck would have it 2 days after she got her shots her arm swelled up and was red. Serge took her to the doctor and we found out that she got a staph infection from her shots. They gave her a big shot in her hip (she couldn't walk for 2 hours after) and within 2 days her arm was showing improvement. A week later she was outside while we were working in the yard and she got bit by something, were not sure what. The next morning at swim lessons we realized her lower arm was swollen to the size of a large egg. To make the story short, we made several trips to the doctor and one to the ER. Her arm had swelled from her shoulder to her hand about 3x its regular size. The doctors diagnosed her with cellulites and put an IV in her arm and for 4 days we gave her doses of medication thourgh the IV. Within a week her arm was almost back to normal. This gave us a real big scare, its never good when your kids are sick or having medical problems. She was very brave considering the situation. Samantha is such a special girl and we are so grateful that she had a speedy recovery.

4 comments:

mparkin said...

Shell,

So glad to see that you updated your blog. Cute pics of all the kids! You are one of the most inspiring person I have ever known and I can never express how much I love and respect you. Thanks for always making me feel special and important as a child and continuing to love and care for me as an adult. Your the greatest!
I love you,
Amy

lisa g said...

I see that you found some time to update the blog I don't know how you can fit everything in your busy schedule. The pictures are great. I can't believe how fast the kids grow up. I wish you could jsut freeze time.

Brittany Bull-Farnworth said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I never thought i'd see the day that you would update your blog from your frist entry!!! hooray! Its not like i dont see all these things going on but its still nice to read about them over and over again... thats what blogs are for! love ya.

Steph said...

Yay Shel! I am so proud of you- and that you even attempt to do this- you are the busiest woman ever!!! Your blog is so cute of your little fam!!